Friday, September 12, 2008

Brushing Technique

Yesterday, I promised I'd share more about the brushing program that our OT has us doing.  In the interim, I decided that I'm no expert, so, I've found this link.  

http://www.thetherapyplace.net/newsletter/3_2.htm

I tell you, based on just a little bit of reading, this might be a site I visit often for help.

A report on how we're doing with the brushing:  
Nathan is definitely responding.   We're observing that he is becoming more engaged with us and much more social - we're also observing that he is having a really difficult time going to sleep.  My interpretation of what the OT has told me to do (not do the last brushing session of the day and only do the joint compressions) that maybe she thinks we're over stimulating him.  I have asked her what to do if he still has trouble settling down - I'll let you know what she says.

So, over the weekend, we may be really reducing the frequency with which we do this - or, we may stop.  I'm not sure what it will be.

However, I think it is SUPER interesting to observe how much effect consistently doing just one of these programs that the therapists suggest that we, as families, do.  Therapy seems to SOMETHING!  Again, I'll continue to report how it is going.

Happy playing!  Happy weekend!

No comments: